Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Comment on the blog post about Trans - Jacking

Audrey - Kenya

There is something of interest that you commented on

"Seriously.  There is no subject that trans people are not affected by.
 No posting that doesn’t directly impact trans people’s lives.  And
anything that affects trans people’s lives can be used to describe
issues and concerns of importance to trans people."


The matter at hand is the fact that lesbians gays, bisexuals normally
view our issues from a homosexual lense. Here is an example: There is
this rubbish of gays and lesbians saying LGBT people are criminalized
in Africa. But in the actual sense is being a transgender person
criminalized? Is the act of changing sex; medically, legally and
socially criminalized? The answer is a simple NO.

But what do these people go around telling the public and the police,
transsexuals are criminalized. But, asked about this misinformation
about transgender people, what do gays and lesbian say?

I had the pleasure of asking one of the leaders of a Kenya leading
gay, lesbian, bi, trans and intersex organization that question and I
wasn't shocked at what he said: transgender women who have anal sex
are criminalized.

But why is it that when a transgender person is mentioned they resort
to scrutinizing our sexual practices? Who gave them that right?
Infact, aren't they the same people who go around telling our
governments that their sexual practices are private and should not be
scrutinized by anyone?

And why are they so fast to represent us in meetings and workshops?
Talking of sexual minorities? Have we ever asked ourselves what sexual
minorities are? They are people who are marginalized because of their
sexual practises and sexual orientation. But, being transgender is not
an issue of sexual practices or sexual orientation; so who gave them
the right to do that to us? Shame on them.

Then it never ceases to amaze me the way they twist our issues to be
theirs and against heterosexuals. They will tell people and the media
that the LGBT movement is the gay movement and the heterosexuals are
against us. But, aren't they provoking the society at our own expense?
Who bears the blunt of the whole provocation? Transsexuals. And since
when did we become gays or men who have sex with other men (MSMs)?

I know most trans people will feel helpless at the thought of telling
homosexuals to stop twisting our issues to fit their struggle or to
allow us to represent ourselves or to tell them to f*** off with their
gay labels.

And why do they ignore the oppression of themselves against
transsexuals? The last two days have been hectic. There is this gay
guy which I will call a f***ing faggot and he has been calling me
every now and then telling me he wants to fuck me. Despite my efforts
to explain to him am not one of them and even if I was to date a man I
would not date a fag like him, he keeps sending me some obscene
messages and the stress is killing me. I plan to report the matter to
the police and I hope I will get some help. Its so depressing to read
a message of some fag telling you how he wants to suck your c*** and
f*** you in the ass. So depressing yet the gay activists I have
reported to have not done anything to stop their kind. Its sickening.

No comments:

Post a Comment